ACHIEVE Human Services has been providing low income housing services within Yuma and La Paz Counties for twenty years. We administer four Housing and Urban Development (HUD) contracts that serve over 160 homeless persons with disabilities and their family members who are seriously mentally ill (SMI), have chronic alcohol and/or drug abuse problems, or have AIDS and related diseases. These programs target homeless persons living, or in places not designated for, or ordinarily used as, regular sleeping accommodations for human beings.
ACHIEVE provides strength focused supported services that assist individuals and their families in identifying and utilizing natural supports such as: obtaining health care, mental health treatment, alcohol and other substance abuse services, child care services, case management, counseling, supervision education, job training and other services essential for achieving and maintaining independent living.
Prior to a housing placement each individual is evaluated, their needs are assessed and readiness level for independent living is reviewed.
Upon placement an array of services are offered that may include individual and/or group sessions, in both English and Spanish, that address strengthening interpersonal communication and problem solving techniques, self-management symptom skill, healthy personal, family and social interaction skills; and basic budgeting, meal planning, and healthy eating habits.
The objective of the program is to teach individuals healthy living skills that will lead to independence.The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must meet the SMI criteria as defined by ADHS Persons with a disability means; a household composed of one or more persons where at least one is an adult with a disability
- Must be mentally competent and legally able to enter into a lease agreement
- Must meet the HUD definition of homeless low income means; an annual income not in excess of 80 percent of the median income for the area as determined by HUD
- Must be free from illegal substances for 90 days or more
For more information contact:
ACHIEVE Human Services, Inc.
3250-A East 40th Street
Yuma, Arizona 85365
Phone: 928-341-4100 or Fax (928-329-8950)